How to set up Gmail IMAP on all nokia symbian phone (the right way)
This guide should work for all symbian phone. Like Nokia N97, Nokia 5800 Express Music, Nokia 5230, Nokia N95, Sony Ericsson SATIO and the others.
First, try the email wizard to do the setup. If failed, read the official setup instruction -> from Google.
Now your cellphone should be able to connect to your gmail account. But if you got these error:
- Incoming mail server not found. Check mailbox settings
You need to edit your Internet Setting.
This guide is based on : Nokia 5800 XM, Nokia 5230, Nokia 5530 XM, Nokia N97 (s60v5). But should be applicable to the other symbian phones.
1. Go to “Settings” -> “Connectivity” -> “Destinations”, -> “Internet”.
2. Click the ISP name (or connection name)
3. on the menu that show up, press “Options”, -> “Advanced Settings”.
4. Click the “Proxy server address”, then delete all of the contents there. Press “OK”. Now it should say “Proxy server address : NONE”.
5. Click “DNS Addresses”, now type this values:
Primary DNS Address: 22.214.171.124
Secondary DNS Address: 126.96.36.199
Press “OK”. then “Back” all the way until the settings closed.
now the IMAP should work.
You can make the mail come automatically to your phone just like PUSH Mail. Only need to go to email settings -> automatic retrieval.
Set “Email Notifications” to “Auto-update”.
–>>>> Don’t Exit the Messaging app! Just hide it. Keep it running on background <<<<<–